Friday, September 11, 2009

>Zzzzz...

>This is what I have felt like all day long. Tired, sleepy, sluggish. You get the idea.

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and the whole left side of my face/ear/nose feeling like I have some kind of sinus/allergy thing going on. I don't know about you but when I wake up feeling that way it doesn't bode well for the rest of my day. It makes me grumpy. Today was one of those days, but I think I said that already. ha ha

As I mentioned before, I weigh 3 times a week at my LAWL center. Today was to be day 2 this week for me (Monday was a holiday). When I got on my scale at home I was a little discouraged and thought, "Maybe I just won't go today and will go tomorrow instead." I picked up my toothbrush to start brushing my teeth thinking the whole time, "What have I got to lose by not going really?" That's when it hit me and I looked in the mirror and said aloud, "Weight is what you have to lose you big dummy."

And weighing in today is just what I did! I'm glad that I went ahead and got that over with for the week. It was a little disappointing since I was up a few ounces BUT they are only ounces and it gives me something to really work towards this weekend and before my next weigh in on Tuesday.

I have done really well with food today and staying on plan. When I feel sick it is usually very hard for me to get all the important healthy foods in. I was so tempted to run down to the local Five Guys Burgers and Fries and get a big juicy burger but decided that would NOT help me reach my goal for the weekend. So, I stayed 100% on plan.

My goal for the weekend is to stay on plan. I also would like to find the time tomorrow to workout and/or run. I've signed up for my 3rd 5k which will be on October 24. I have a little over a month to get prepared for this. So, I really need (and have) to step up my workouts. I know I can do it. And now I just have to really set my mind to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment