Wednesday, September 16, 2009

>Looking for motivation and inspiration...

>Some days this daily struggle becomes much harder than it seemed the day before.
I have posted that I had been going to LA Weight Loss ctrs for a while now and it has been working well for me. Last week it became time for me to renew some weeks to keep going to the center. I decided to just use the tools I have been given to attempt this on my own and weigh in at home once a week. But...

I am such a hostage to my scale. I can't help but get on the thing. It's an addiction like no other I have ever had. Seriously, here is how me and the scale work. I will start with my morning scale routine.

-Get out of bed, weigh complete with clothes on and without emptying my bladder.
-use bathroom, hop on scale again.
-remove all clothes, weigh yet again.
Sometimes I take the no clothes, empty bladder weight as my actual weight. On days that I would go to LAWL to weigh in I would step back on the scale with my "weigh in clothes" on to see what the difference in their scale and my scale would be.
I often repeat these steps in the evenings when I get home from work, too. I am not proud of this addiction or sickness at all. I want to overcome it eventually.

The days I don't weigh I use the scale as a tool to gauge what I would eat that day or if I should intake more water. I swear this has to be some kind of illness! lol

Anyway, I get side tracked so easily. I was due to go in the center yesterday but wasn't feeling well and Mother Nature had decided to show up and ruin any good feelings I had about my weight loss for the day anyway. And if you are like me you fluctuate during that time too. So, that being said I decided to wait until Mother Nature decided to leave me alone before I took to heart what my scale or any other scale told me!

I woke thinking today is THE day the scale will move down substantially for me. I was SO very wrong. It moved up about 8 ounces and while I realize it's ounces and could be any number of things it still was a little frustrating for me. So, I know today what I need to do to make it go away and have the tools to work hard on getting there.

I guess what I am saying is I need to overcome the relationship I have with the scale. I need to learn to stay off it so many times a day. If you have any useful tips or ideas, motivation or inspiration I greatly appreciate it all! :)

4 comments: