Monday, September 14, 2009

>Huge NSV for me yesterday!!!

>And for those of you not down with the lingo...NSV = Non scale victory!!!!

Anyway, I had some time for myself (alone!!!) yesterday so I had planned a couple of quick errands and while I was out decided to stop in Old Navy. I went with the intention of picking up a top I saw online (Deal of the Week, anyone?). After browsing around a little while I decided to try on jeans. I have NEVER had much luck with jeans at Old Navy and honestly didn't expect to have much luck yesterday either. Well, to my surprise the pair I tried on first were too big! I loved the style though! I was so happy they were too big! So, I proudly asked the sales guy to get me a size smaller to try. He brought the right size just the wrong style of jean so I finished trying on everything I took into the fitting room with me and walked around the store a few minutes more.

I decided to go see for myself if I could find the smaller size in the jeans I had previously tried on. Lucky for me I did!! I pulled those jeans on and they felt so good! I was ecstatic!!! I chose two tops and the jeans and went on my way. :) I was also very excited with my shirt purchases too because I was able to go down from an XL to an L in my tops!!! Yay me! This was the boost I needed for the day and since I was already dressed in my workout attire I decided that while I was feeling so motivated that I would hit the gym!

I got in about 2.70 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes following the Couch to 5K program. I felt like I needed a little more of a workout so I jumped of the treadmill and did another mile or so on that in about 10 minutes. I felt so good!

Here are the three items I purchased at Old Navy yesterday...






I can't wait to do a little more fall shopping! I think next month I will definitely treat myself to a new sweater and some tees.

No comments:

Post a Comment