Sunday, February 14, 2010

>When the going gets tough...

>the tough get going should get going!!

I have been having a rough time the last few days.
It all started with my weigh in Friday morning.
My scale showed me up 4-5 lbs from what I weighed on Tuesday morning.
It pretty much ruined my mood and my day!

Seriously. I was just so upset that all my hard work from the week at working out and watching what I ate would show a gain of so much.

I am going to be honest here and tell you that I did have a cheat last week. One.
I had a Lofthouse cookie. Have you ever had one? Pure evil. 180 calories per cookie.
But man are they delish.

However, I knew that even with that one cookie there was no way I could have gained 4-5 lbs in just a few days. None. Not possible with the workouts I was doing. Right!? Especially when I had worn a smaller size jeans earlier in the week.

Right. And since you are all women I know you can relate to what I am about to say.
That evil time of the month showed up later Friday. No fair! But it totally explains the 4-5 lb gain! Fluid retention is such an ugly thing.

Today I am down at least 2 of those pounds but must admit that I have not been to the gym or done any of my workout dvd's the last few days. Shameful I know. Tomorrow is a new day and my hubby and I have already determined that we are going to both work extra hard in the coming months.

We have a race coming up March, our family beach trip in June and (hopefully) a holiday cruise in late December! So, tell me to get moving! ;)

12 comments: