Thursday, February 18, 2010

>What measurements say

>Last night I had my hubby take my measurements. When I first looked them I was somewhat disappointed because I am not real fond of the numbers at all. They're just big.I logged them into SparkPeople and was just going to keep them there for accountability, but I am going to post them here anyway because I have been saying for a while that I would.

Neck: 13.5
Chest: 40
Waist: 35
Hips: 41
Biceps: (l) 13.5, (r) 13
Thighs: 27
Calves: 16

These were last night's measurements. It wasn't until today that I realized that yes, while they are large numbers they are much smaller than the last time I was measured (April of 09). I have been running and working out on a pretty regular basis since then. The following are my measurements from April 2009.

Neck: 14
Chest: 42
Waist: 39
Hips: 48.5
Biceps: (l) 14, (r) 14
Thighs: 30
Calves: 16.5

I was completely surprised most by my hip and waist measurements! That's a lot of inches off since April! The neck, calves and bicep measurements might not be a good comparison because I am sure I did not input them until later in 2009 (maybe October). I'm pleased so far with the difference!
Also my weight as of April 2009 was 228! Whoa. I am now 32 lbs lighter and still losing. This makes me happy! Those measurements were really what I needed to see last night to help me stay motivated! And while I don't see a huge loss on the scale the fact that my measurements are a reflection of how my running and working out is improving my body make me that much more happy and excited to keep going.

21 comments: