Thursday, February 4, 2010

>Working out from home is fun!

>Yesterday my (and my hubby's) birthday gift arrived in the mail. The hubby celebrates a birthday on 2/21 and mine is a week later on 2/28. This year we decided to get a joint gift rather than giving each other money to go "buy what we want," which usually turns into spend a small amount on something we want and then basically blowing the rest. So, a couple of weeks ago I found a great deal on a Wii Active bundle on my favorite shopping site and ordered it! Yay.

This is what arrived on my doorstep yesterday evening.
 
The Wii with Wii Winter Sports and EA Sports Active Trainer.
SO.MUCH.FUN in that box!!!

We messed around on the Wii Winter Sports game for a bit and after the kids went to bed I decided that since I had missed the gym I would pop in the EA Sports Active Trainer and see what it was all about.

OMG! In just 20 minutes I was sweating like a hog and my thighs and butt were burning! I did running, boxing, squats, in-line skating, and a whole lot of upper body work in just 20 minutes! And seriously even for a girl that works out regularly it nearly kicked my butt. I totally feel it today! The in-line skating was crazy! I logged on and decided to do the 30 day challenge on the game! I am hoping to get some measurements tonight and see just what kind of difference there may be in 30 days. Tonight I am going to design a custom workout and go a bit longer than just the 20 minutes. The 20 minutes last night was good but I feel like I could use more. 

I may also try to hit the gym tonight to see if I can get my daily running in. I'm scheduled to do 3.5 miles.I'm trying hard not to use our schedule at home this week as an excuse to not make it to the gym. Having the Wii at home is just a plus for nights like last night when it is just impossible to make it to the gym though. :) 

Anyway, I had lunch out with my two favorite guys today. We went to a local deli and I got a kid's (3 inch) size Reuben sandwich and a small tossed salad w/ff rasp. vinaigrette dressing. So far I feel like today is a good day!

5 comments: