Tuesday, February 16, 2010

>Seeing really is believing

>In the summer of 2009 I took my camera to the beach and dressed my family in white tops with khaki bottoms to have some great pictures made. At the time I looked through them and loved them. I didn't realize at the time just what I was seeing. Then I didn't see the fat girl that I was even though I was working on losing and had actually lost some weight at that point. I think with the sunshine on me and the tan I was working on I just thought I looked better.

 

Now when I see this picture above my mantel I don't enjoy what I see in myself. I sit and say often, "Gosh I really looked gross and can't believe I think those pictures looked so good." Now don't get me wrong, I love that I have pictures of me and my kids and husband. What I don't love is the image I have of myself.
It was not until yesterday when I asked my husband to take some new pics of me for a little project that I realized maybe what he, my family and friends have been saying lately (compliments to me) about me is actually true. See for yourself.


This was me yesterday. It's bugging me that Blogger says this is centered but on my screen it is NOT! I felt great! In the summer of '09 I was probably around 220 lbs and wearing an 18/20 bottoms. Yesterday I was 196 and wearing 14s! In my mind I have been telling myself that is not much of a difference but as I was flipping through my camera at the pics it really was a "See is believing" moment for me.

9 comments: