Tuesday, February 23, 2010

>Finding my tempo

>Sorry I haven't posted since last week sometime. Between work, basketball, Girl Scout cookies and a plethora of weekend activities (including my hubby's 34th bday) my family has been pretty busy. And speaking of GS Cookies, last night I was knee deep (literally) in those bad boys (or are they girls??) and will have you know I only ate ONE, yes 1, single Tagalong. Yay me! ;)

Anyway, while I was in bed last night I pulled out the last issue of Runner's World magazine that I had laying on my night stand and started reading an article. In that article it mentioned tempo running. Now I have heard about this from other running friends and I guess in a way I have done it even though I haven't made a point to do so. I have been told my several running friends that doing tempo runs will help increase my speed and improve my form. So, tonight I plan to find my tempo! Hopefully it will go well. My hubby says it'll be tough but I am confident I can make it a great workout. And if you have any insight on tempo runs I'd be happy to hear it.

33 days until my first 5k of the year!

2 comments: