Sunday, May 27, 2012

when you can't run...

[caption id="attachment_1375" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Seriously, this IS how you do it![/caption]

you volunteer because it is the next best thing! I was planning to run a local 5/10k race yesterday (10k for me) but since I became injured that was out. The only other way to get myself to the race and feel a part of it was to volunteer. I was assigned as a course monitor which is something I had not done before. Good thing it was super easy. I had to wear a snazzy yellow vest, wave an orange flag and cheer for runners. I was the best course monitor out there yesterday, even if I am the only one who thinks so. teehee I also was able to cheer for all my awesome running buddies as they raced their way to the finish. And of course my husband was there as Knoxville's best race paparazzi once again.

So, when YOU can't get out there and run I encourage you to volunteer! It can be just as much fun and is very rewarding!

2 comments: