Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May

First, let's recap April, shall we!? I didn't really set any goals for April other than to run and finish my first marathon and to PR a local 5k.
~ I ran my first marathon on April 1 (4:58:33) with my friend Terri.
~ I PR'd my only other race in April, a 5k (26:35) and placed 2nd in my division!
~ I kept up with my weekend long runs even after the marathon.
~ I started back up with my strength and cross training workouts post marathon.

What are my goals for May?
~ step it up at the gym. Get stronger, be faster!
~ lose 3 lbs or at least lose more inches!
~ food is fuel, period!
~ 10k race PR

These goals seem easy enough and so far today I have been successful with at least the first one! Here is my workout for tonight:
Run 800 m Row 400 m
Run 800 m Row 400 m
Run 1200 m
Deadlift 135 lbs x 10
Run 400 m
20 kettlebell swings (24kg kb)
Run 400 m
20 overhead squats (40lb weight bar)
Run 400m
20 burpees
Run 400 m
20 pullups (chest to bar)
Run 400 m
20 box jumps (24")
Run 400 m
20 DB squat cleans (20lbs ea)
Run 400 m

Running was done at 7.0-7.2mph. Rowing was just fast.

Ahhh, yes. May is definitely off to a great start. I'm so thankful for my husband for pushing me in the gym. I whined a little and he cut one exercise short(hey, deadlifts!) but honestly I could have done all 20 if I had just quit whining for 15 seconds and sucked it up. Next time!

I also took my current measurements tonight. Below is a comparison between what they were in December and what they are today.

Neck - 12.5 remained same
Waist - 30.5 (Dec) 30 (today) -.50 inch
Hips - 36 remained same
Chest - 35.5 (Dec) 34.5 (today) -1.0 inch
Thigh - 23.5 (Dec) 22.5 (today) -1.0 inch
Calf - 14.5 (Dec) 14 (today) -.50 inch
Bicep - 11 (Dec) 10.5 (today) -.50 inch

So, since December I have lost a total of 3.5 inches overall. My weight pretty much remained the same between last month and this month and I am sitting between 153-155 most days. I would love to get to 150 by the end of May. It's going to take a lot of work but really even if the scale doesn't move I am still happy with the results I am seeing. I can finally see the changes take place in my body.

I even let my husband snap a picture that I never thought I would want to show a soul but you know what? I have worked hard and am very proud of my hard work. The picture I am going to share shows that not all victories are seen in the number on the scale. In April I realized that my size 12s need to go for good right along with the size larges. I'm now an 8/10 and medium which has been difficult for me to accept. Sometimes I still see myself as the bigger girl and feel the need to hang on to the bigger clothes but no more! As my husband said, "The tags in your clothes don't say L or XL anymore."

[caption id="attachment_1323" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="I'm beginning to see abs! "][/caption]
Even though I hate my stretch marks I am still proud that I have them because I have two beautiful children that aided in earning those bad boys. For once in my life I am finally able to look beyond the stretch marks and loose skin and can see the beginning of my abs forming like they should! This makes me happy and proud. It also makes me want to work harder in the gym to achieve more results.

I am going into May with a positive attitude. I will work hard and I will achieve my goals for the month!
What are your goals for the month of May?

No comments:

Post a Comment