Thursday, May 10, 2012

Three Things Thursday (+1)

1. This week my goal was to "be awesome." I think I do pretty well in the awesome department most weeks. Last week was not so awesome though so I wanted to kick things up a big notch this week. However, I woke up Monday with a sore throat and it's gotten a bit worse since then. Yesterday was the worst day and I took an unplanned rest day. I want to say that I think the rest over the weekend was probably my body's way of warning me this sinus/allergy stuff was getting ready to hit me. It did. But it's improving! Today I was back on the awesome train!! I've been within my calories this week and even with an unplanned rest day I have still had some great workouts and runs this week.

2. I love love love Nike "attitude" tees. I got a new one over the weekend and since I was alone at work today I dressed down. I wore my new tee! Sexy and I know it....
[caption id="attachment_1344" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I work out[/caption]

3. My husband let me pick out a couple of things for Mother's Day. I shopped around on Running Warehouse's website and found a running skirt I thought would be a good fit for me. I have issues with most compression style shorts because they either ride up or squish the skin on my thighs so much it looks awful. Finally, Brooks came through and I found the perfect skirt. The problem? I am still having trouble convincing myself of my current size. Rather than ordering the medium based on my current measurements and other clothing labels sizing I still found myself ordering the size large. Of course when it came in the mail on Tuesday I was super excited about being able to test wear it this week. Ah, but I wouldn't get to! Too freakin' big, which yes is a good thing but I should have known better. So, I sent it back today and now I wait on the size medium to get here so that I can do as Brooks says and "Run Happy!"

(+1)= 4. I also ordered myself a pair of Zensah calf sleeves. My husband loves his and I've read that other runners do as well. So, I got myself these beauties to wear on my long runs....
[caption id="attachment_1345" align="aligncenter" width="224"] Yay for yellow![/caption]
And I love them, so much so that I was thinking about sleeping in them the night I got them. Can't wait to try them out on a run.

2 comments: