Sunday, January 2, 2011

>2010 Year in Review

>January 2010 -
I weighed in at 198.6. I had completed 4 5k races. I was working out on a sporadic basis. I had just gotten into a snug size 14 jean.

During the year 2010-
I RAN 6 5k races and my first 8k race. I began taking group fitness classes (BodyPump and Zumba). I lost 30 lbs for a total loss of 60lbs since April 2009. I met new running buddies and did a couple of group runs. My husband and I started running regularly together. I never took more than a few days break from the gym and on out of town trips (including vacation) I made time for running and stayed on plan with healthy eating as much as I could. I bought my first ever (in like over a decade) size M shirt and size 12 pants/jeans. I also met with a nutritionist/dietitian and managed to not only maintain through the holidays (beginning Nov. 1) but have lost a total of 10 lbs (the challenge ends this week or next). I gained a lot of confidence in myself and what I am capable of acheiving weight loss wise as well as with my running. I decided to train to run my first half marathon and while I feel like that I have not gotten very far with training it is a start.

January 2011-
I am starting the new year at 170 lbs (up a few ounces from my last weigh in but confident that will be off by the end of my gym's challenge). I will continue with half marathon training. I will add more strength training to my weekly workouts. I continue with my healthy eating and strive to do even better in that aspect of this journey.

During the year 2011-
I plan to run my first half marathon (just need to pick and register!!!). My goal is to lose another 20-25 lbs and reach my weight loss goal. That's as far as I have gotten with my goals for 2011 but I feel like those are great goals that do look tough but I know with determination and drive I can totally reach these goals. I have not set a timeline for 2011 as far as the weight loss goal goes because it has taken me since April 2009 to lose 60 lbs. Slow and steady. I am fine with continuing the slow/steady weight loss because it is easier to keep it off that way. I feel like I have become mindful enough of my eating that even with the occasionl indulgence I am confident I will not revert back to a total crappy way of eating (more on this later). I am determined to make 2011 the best year yet as far as running and weight loss goes!

12 comments: