Monday, January 17, 2011

>Rest over!

>I rested, like the doctor said, for 3 days.
I skipped the workout I had planned for Friday as well as my "long" run for Saturday and even took a decent nap Sunday.
But today I HAD to run. Had to. So, immediately after work I changed and hit the gym.
I was feeling relatively well but had already told myself before making it to the gym that I was only going for 2 miles and didn't care if it had to be a slow 2 miles. It would be a calorie burn and I hadn't had that in 3 days.
When I got on the treadmill I set it to a 11 min/mile pace. My last few runs have been betwween 9:50 - 10:20 min/mile pace but I was totally fine with 11 min/mile even 12 if that got me moving. At about mile 1.35 my stomach started talking. It had been bothering me all day and the best thing I can come up with is the antibiotics are bothering my stomach a little. I rarely take meds so this is the only reason I think they're bothering me. Of course I am no dr or nurse so I could be completely off base. Anyway, I hopped off the treadmill and ran to the potty real quick. Once I got back to the treadmill I felt fine and moved on along.
I ended my run at 2.53 miles in 27:02 (10:41 min/mile pace). I was fine with that.
What I did realize is that this bronchitis is refusing to break up and give me any relief in my chest. I really thought running would move that stuff a bit, but apparently not. I still feel fine. I was glad to run today! I am still short on my mileage goal for the year but with a half marathon coming up in April I am sure to add to the mileage soon!!! :)

I'm done resting but plan to "take it easy" as much as I can with my running this week. I still plan to run but will do like I did today and just listen to what my body says. If it means only running 2-3 miles a couple days this week fine, but I REALLY want to aim for the 6 that I have on the schedule for Saturday!

6 comments: