Tuesday, January 25, 2011

>Mmmm breakfast!

>Breakfast is quite possibly my most favorite meal of the day. I love bacon, eggs, grits, biscuits.... I love pancakes and sausage! I LOVE when my hubby cooks because let me tell you I cannot make any of those things without the help of a bag or can. haha And of course none of those things are all that healthy and are most certainly not every day breakfast foods in our house, but man I wish they were.

I often find myself trying to find something for breakfast that is quick or can be grabbed on the way out the door or even reheated when I get to work. A lot of times I will just have toast w/pb and honey or an english muffin with cheese but those aren't the healthiest of options either.

Hubby and I have found a lot of great recipes on SkinnyTaste that he (I can't really take credit since I don't do a lot of the cooking) has been making for our family. So far everyone has loved the recipes and there has been a recipe or two the kids have asked for seconds of.

Last night I decided to try a breakfast recipe. Broccoli and cheese mini egg omelets and experimented with it a bit. I used whole eggs (5 of them), cheese and chopped up 2 slices of bacon hubby made earlier in the day. I think total I made 8 little muffins. No one in my family was really interested in these, which is fine because it gives ME breakfast on the go the rest of the week.

I didn't snap a picture because mine didn't come out looking exactly like Gina's but here is the picture off her blog...


This morning before leaving the house I had my regular cup of coffee with a half english muffin/mozz cheese and decided once I got to work I would nuke 2 of the mini muffin omelets and have those with my 2nd cup of coffee. They lacked flavor and that was probably because I don't use a lot of salt/pepper (and didn't add anything extra prior to cooking) so I drizzled a bit of hot sauce on them which seemed to be just what they needed (for my taste). Overall I think they were really good. Low carb, low cal and relatively low fat! I think you could definitely make many variations of this to suit your own tastes.

8 comments: