Wednesday, January 19, 2011

>Hi, hello, welcome...

>I see I have some new followers. Thank you for following me. :)
And the same to you long time followers. I appreciate you all.
One thing you should know about me (actually my blog) is that for some strange, strange reason it doesn't update for me, for you, for anyone. I think it says the last time I posted (Google reader or whatever the fancy tracking method is) was like 11 months ago. Let me assure you that is NOT the case. I may not post daily but I DO try my absolute best to post a couple times a week.  So, please stay and check back often!

For those of you that are new (and those of you who aren't so new but might not know) I thought it would be cool to do an introduction of sorts or tell you about me (yeah that's an introduction, duh) and how this blog came about. And it may be that I am not cool but bored and needed something to post today. haha

So, here we go...
In April of 2009 I found myself at the same exact (large) weight I was at about the time I attempted to lose weight after having not one but both of my kids. Tipping the scales just a few ounces shy of 230. Yep. 230. Yikes. I had tried several methods of losing weight from fad diets, to all kinds of books, even those little walk in centers that cost entirely too much and "make" you think you need to eat their nasty processed garbage. HA. Did any of these methods work? Of course they did.

But they were not the right methods for me. You see it all began on a lazy Saturday when my daughter was about 4 months old. There was this one plan (hello, tv infomercial man) that I tried immediately following the birth (and weaning from the boobage) of my daughter where I lost almost a whopping 80 lbs in just less than a year. That same year I found out my worthless little gall bladder was loaded with stones and it likely had to do with the drastic change in eating (read: starvation diet) I was currently working with. I was also going to the gym and working out as much as I could and even thought that the pain I was feeling (related to the gall bladder thingy) was my body starving to lose all this weight. ha SO, gall bladder out, diet done. I tried to do it "my way" a while longer and kept most of the weight off until trying to get (and successfully becoming) pregnant with my son.

I did what any other fat chick who had been pregnant and fat before did...
I said I was going to watch what I ate with #2 and keep up with exercising. Um, yeah. Guess what??? That did not happen. I was pooped way more than I ever thought I would be but I guess working full time and chasing a toddler has the ability to do that to a pregnant woman. Oh wait, does that sound like an excuse? Whatever. So, wanna play the guessing game some more?

You got it. I gained more weight than a pregnant fat girl should a SECOND TIME!!! I don't even know what I tipped the scales at on delivery day but I am guessing it is more than the 230 I was pushing at my latest weight loss attempt. When my son was born I was determined (way determined) to nurse that boy 12 months. So, weight loss was at the middle to back of my mind because I knew if I wanted a good supply I needed to make sure I ate. Go ahead, laugh.. it's ok. I am pretty sure I didn't gain any weight while I was nursing him and if I lost weight it was a miracle. The day I weaned him is not one I will forget.

That day was also the day I was going to get serious. And I did. I joined one of those walk in places that charge too much to weigh you multiple times a week and also have a "counselor" there to look at your food journal to blast you for eating such and such and only losing 4 ounces between Monday and Wednesday. Seriously, they really only hire these people to sell the product. They work off commission and going in I *knew* that but believed this could be done. I could lose weight. And I did.  I went from exactly 228 to 178 in about 6 months. Then I went on vacation, wore my swimsuit and hello....

A year later I was 230 lbs....AGAIN.

This is where April of 2009 comes in and when my REAL weight loss/running journey began.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the rest of the story. I've got to get dressed to go run. ;)

7 comments: