Thursday, January 6, 2011

>Three Things Thursday

>1. Today was the final weigh in at my gym for the Maintain Don't Gain challenge. I am down a total of 10 lbs since it started on Nov. 1. I had hoped to get off another 2 lbs this week but it just didn't happen. I'm ok with that. 10 lbs since Nov. 1 is not too shabby. It beats the 8-17 lbs the dietitian wanted me to lose in 6 months (as of the end of Oct). So I still have a good bit to lose another 7 lbs (hopefully more!).  It just seems like I won't get the next 20-25 lbs off since it seems to be coming off so slow. I do know slow weight loss is best but I think anyone trying to lose weight gets a bit discouraged when a week or so passes without any kind of loss. And of course there are still things I could change to make a loss happen I just need to work harder. I know I am not going to let January pass without seeing a loss. There I said it, you read it and that means it has to happen. ;)

2.  Remember when I said I have a  secret? Do you also recall that the secret is a giveaway? Are you ready for that giveaway? If the answer to any of these 3 questions is yes, then stay tuned because the details will be posted tomorrow.

3. I have a cold this week. I am trying my best not to let it beat me down. I am not treating it with anything though so I may lose the battle. I have been trying to go to bed earlier and eating as healthy as I can. I also have been keeping up with my workouts. I have ran 3 days this week (per my half marathing training plan) and still have one more run ahead of me for the week. I've taken one BodyPump class as well. What I have not done is any weight training. I should though. I keep saying I am going to step it up in that area. But what I wanted to know is how do you train when not feeling 100% ? Do you do anything different when you're sick or coming down with something?

4 comments: