Thursday, June 28, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. First I want to start this post with something women runners can appreciate. Join me and my fellow running pals in backing this product. It's a GPS sports watch for women (and men!) that has safety features that no other running/sports watch has. You have 15 days to make a pledge, become a backer and help get the ball rolling for this product to be available for us. For more info you can  visit the website  and also view a video.  I've been trying all evening to come up with the right words for this product but the video and sight says it all. It would be awesome if they get the backing they need to get the BIA on the market for runners/cyclist and other athletes. Please consider making a pledge!

2. Today was my last PT appointment (for now). It went ok. I had made so much progress prior to my arthrogram that it's just discouraging going into these last two appointments this week and barely making any progress. Today I kind of just sucked it up and embraced the pain during my appointment. I know I'm tough, I kept telling my PT that it sucked having to be so tough while it was painful but I just really wanted to have some improvement at this point. I also told him that the worst thing the other doc could tell me would be to stop running. He said, "Well that is exactly what he will say." But you know what, I'm running now and it's mostly pain free. And my PT knows this. He hasn't told me not to. In fact he told me to lift weights (a LOT), run when I can and to just keep doing my exercises. He knows I'm going on vacation next week but told me if I have any issues while working out/running on vacation to give him a call and he will give me some things to do and maybe get me in there before I see the other doctor. I'll take today's little bit of progress after such a huge set back.

3. It's not very blog worthy but I am happy to at least report that I am starting this vacation 5 lbs lighter than last year at this same time. 5 lbs in a year doesn't sound like a great deal BUT what IS a great deal is the difference in my body's measurements.  I won't bore you with all those measurements but this time last year I was still in a L shirt and 12/14 bottoms mostly. I'm now a solid M (despite what my lil brain tries to tell me) and a 8/10 bottom. That is success worth being proud of no matter what the pesky scale tells me. :) And while I will be on vacation I will NOT go completely off my healthy eating schedule but I will not deprive myself of the treats I love while on vacation. I'm headed to the beach for a week of sun, fun and relaxation!

3 comments: