Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Randoms

~ I want to first start this randoms post out by telling each and every one of you that reads here, that commented yesterday or has shown me support along the way....THANK YOU!!! You guys listen (read) to what I am saying and are encouraging, motivating, inspiring to me! I appreciate each one of you. I was going to reply back to each comment yesterday individually but I decided an open thank you was better. So, from the very bottom of my heart thank you, please know that I read each comment yesterday and most of you brought me to near tears. Knowing you've been there or that you understand what this journey is like first hand and can relate to what I go through daily is comforting. I cannot express to you how much the encouragement you have provided me means to me. So, thanks, again. :)

~ I have not posted about my workouts at all this week. I'm not sure I ever got around to it last week but I won't go backwards. Here's what I have done this week-
Mon - 2 mile down hill run (18 mins)
Tues - 13 miles in Spin class
Weds - 5 miles WNR/social group run (50 mins and some change)
Thurs - 1/2 mile run before BodyPump
I'm kinda bummed with myself that I haven't done any swimming or biking (other than spin class this week) but I am super excited to be able to run. Taking 3 weeks off from running was hard and the thought of another 3 weeks was kind of depressing. I was also thankful to have my social running buddies (and my husband) keep me company for a bit of my run last night.

~ Therapy is continuing to go very well. I had another appointment today. My PT says he is just shocked at how well I am improving considering the length of time I was injured before even seeing the dr. He said with my type of injury the healing process is usually a slow one. I've been doing my exercises and taking the running thing slow so I suppose that's helping. Today's appt was mostly stretching and heat (which felt good) and while it isn't painful like it was before it wears my hip out, but PT says I am getting stronger even though I feel terribly weak. My MRI is Monday and I am really nervous. I think I mentioned this before. It's not that I am nervous of the results, they will be what they are no matter what. I am nervous about the needle and dye. I have bad memories from an MRI when I was 17.

~ I would like you to know that after my whining yesterday about how imperfect I am those few little lbs I was upset over on the scale decided to back down and get the heck out of dodge. I'm not in the clear yet though, I know this. I will say that I didn't stick with the Green Smoothie a day challenge for this month as I felt like that was hindering my efforts, which sounds like a complete oxymoron BUT anytime I have tried to do a green smoothie for breakfast I have seen the scale go up. It's weird because anytime I make smoothies they are less calories and fat than any other thing I would usually eat for breakfast. It's not rocket science and may just all be in my head but for now I'm going with it. Eating food works better for me. Also, I've kept count of the salad eating I have done this week. I'm up to 7 as of lunch today. That's a lot of veggies and a lot of fiber. You know what they say about fiber! ha

~ For the first time in my 3+ years of running my husband will be running a race while I am not. I will be volunteering as the best water station worker ever at a race this weekend while my husband runs. It's a local 8k that prior to my injury I had planned to run. It's described as a course that is not one to PR on, which was fine I just wanted to run it. But I will sit back and enjoy my volunteer spot as well as cheer on all my favorite runners! Plus I hear the after party is just as fun for those not running as it is for those that are. Oh and don't worry, I will be getting my run on Saturday morning with some from the group. I'm very much looking forward to our Saturday.

~ And in case you missed the first part of this post....THANK YOU. xo

1 comment: