Sunday, June 10, 2012

Motivational Monday - I'm real life

This is me taking another opportunity to motivate you. I was interviewed this week by Dr. Sherry Pagato FU Diet.com blog for a Real Life Biggest Losers series. I am always a bit timid when it comes to really sharing my story with others. I talked some to my husband tonight about this. I'm not sure if I am more afraid that people will judge me based on the fact that I was so fat before or if they'll think I'm just looking to brag on myself now. All I know is that I am timid about sharing my story on outlets like Facebook and with close family/friends because I'm ashamed. Sure, they all knew me when I was very heavy and they know me now, I am the same person I just look a little different.

I decided to just be proud of my progress and if people want to judge me based on the fact that I am sharing my story (over and over) or post pictures regularly of my progress it's totally fine. I'm very proud of how far I have come and am trying hard to focus on that as opposed to how much more work I have ahead of me to reach my ultimate goal BUT at the end of the day the only thing I want to achieve my sharing my story is to inspire and motivate others.

Like I said in the interview, "Believe you can and you will."
If you want to read the interview you can do so by clicking here.

This is me, my life and it is real.
No fad diets, no weight loss surgery, no pills/drops... it's watching what goes in my mouth and putting forth the work in the gym. It's realizing that it isn't easy, requires a lot of patience and there will be days I mess up but it's knowing that every single day it is worth it.
And if I can do it you can too.

2 comments: