Thursday, March 1, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. It's a new month. A new month means new goals! I am still working on my new goals. I have been thinking all day about some things I want to accomplish in March but my mind just keeps going back to April 1st. Life is crazy busy or at least feels that way. I just want to get to April 1, cross the finish line and then slow down a little while. But that's not to say I will not make any March goals. I will. I just need one more day to think about what exactly I want to work towards this month!

2. I met my friend, Terri, this morning to run. I had a scheduled 5 miler and she wanted a little recovery run. SHE just ran a 50 mile beach run. Rock star! We met at my gym and planned to run the trail/greenway that connects however we had some crazy storms last night that dumped tons of rain on our county. Our greenways all have water.. small ponds, streams, etc.. So, we met at 6am and were on our way. I knew when we started that the trail on the left was covered with water. So we went right. We got about a half mile down the trail and had to turn back. Water over that bridge too. Bummer. We decided to try another route but I wasn't holding onto much hope that we would be successful that direction either because I knew there was water on that path as well. And I was right. We managed a mile outside together then we talked in the parking lot of my gym a while. It was nice to catch up with my buddy! I got inside the gym late so my 5 miles was cut short. I decided to just run what I could so that I could be in the locker room by 7:15. I knew I'd have to be pretty fast. I ended up running 2.65 miles on the TM in 23:11. So add that to my first mile in 10 with Terri and I completed 3.65 miles in 33:11. Holy fast legs Batman! The best part - I FELT great. I still say this has to do with Wednesday night BodyFlow.

3. I have to say this again and will probably repeat it a million times... my family has been so supportive though all this training. My husband and kids have been so patient with me. I've been tired, cranky and I've been super happy and silly. No matter my mood they are patient with me. My husband is 100% (and then some) supportive and encouraging. He tells me daily how proud he is of me and on those mornings I hit the snooze button he says to me, "You will feel better if you go." It would be so easy some mornings to just say no or to give up because I am tired or feel guilty but having the support and encouragement from my husband, my kids and friends means so much and makes me want to get up and work hard. I cannot say thank you enough! I couldn't do any of this without the support and encouragement from those I love (and I do love my bloggy friends, too!). So, to my husband, my kids, my friends and all of you.. THANK YOU!!!!!

1 comment: