Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIAW and February miles

I'm linking up again with Jen at Peas and Crayons for another installment of What I Ate Wednesday. I did ok this week with remembering to take pictures of my food however they are all with my cell phone so the quality isn't that fabulous. And of course just like last week there are a few meals that didn't get photographed because I was just too hungry that I forgot to whip out the camera. Oops.



I was up this morning at 5:20 and headed to the gym to get my 5 mile run done. The only food I had prepped before hand were my snacks so breakfast this morning was on the fly. I didn't want to grab fast food and knew I would need more than the boiled egg whites I had planned so here's what I had...

[caption id="attachment_1092" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Clif Mojo White Chocolate Macadamia, Pink Lady apple and Grande Blonde Roast"][/caption]

Lunch today was a work outing so I didn't take a picture of that since I didn't want to explain to three men WHY I was taking a picture of my food. So, here is a picture of what I had yesterday which really should be a huge surprise since it is something I eat often but my lunch was chock full of delicious veggies.

[caption id="attachment_1093" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The "Kimert's Salad" with a Pink Lady apple and raw sugar snap peas"][/caption]

And because I didn't picture it I will at least share what I did have for lunch today. We went to a nice restaurant in town and I ordered the Lemon-Lime Chicken with baked squash and creamed spinach. I only ate half of the chicken breast (which was marinated and grilled in a lovely lemon-lime marinade) and less than a half cup of each of the sides. I have my leftovers saved for tomorrow.

My snacks today included a banana, nectarine, almonds (not pictured) and boiled egg whites. Towards the end of the day I was a little hungry and also had a small bowl (about an ounce) of raw sugar snap peas with a tiny (less than tbsp) of ranch dressing. Here is what I remembered to snap a picture of...


And because yesterday was my birthday I felt it appropriate to be honest again this week and show you the treat I indulged in. And all I can say is thank goodness my husband only bought a small cake!


I knew last night what I wanted to have for dinner tonight and was excited all day about it. I love breakfast. And by breakfast I mean REAL breakfast which to me is eggs and bacon! So, tonight my husband made eggs, bacon, ham and turkey sausage and toast! I had 2 eggs and one egg white, one small piece of ham, 2 slices of bacon and one slice of toast with strawberry jam. Sounds like a ton of food but it was low cal and full of protein! I also didn't get a picture of that because I was starving since I worked out twice today all I could think about was getting that yummy food right in my belly!

February Miles
Now that we've gotten the food out of the way I wanted to go over my mileage for February! I am not sure I ever posted January mileage (123 miles total) but decided I would start listing my monthly mileage at the end of the month before I decide on the next month's goals.
February mileage - 151 total miles! I can hardly believe this number! It's huge (for me) but I suppose that's what marathon training is for...huge mileage! I feel so good and so excited about this number. So far for the year I am at 274 miles. IF I continue on this way I will be at my goal of 1000 miles for the year again in 2012. How awesome would that be!?

Tomorrow starts a new month. Have you decided on your goals for March? Stay tuned... I plan to post February in review and March's goals tomorrow.

3 comments: