Friday, February 17, 2012

Five for Friday

1. TGIF! It's been a bit of a long and crazy week for me. I've had work, my training schedule, kid stuff, home stuff and a whole lotta Girl Scout related stuff which includes a bazillion and 3 boxes of cookies in my house! Fun times. I'm so thankful it is Friday. Friday is rest day for me which is always welcomed! I'm mostly resting. Well, resting from exercise. I do have a GS Cookie booth which means standing for at least 2 hours tonight. No big deal though, we got cookies to be sold!!

2. I have had some great, solid runs this week. 4 miles on Tues which ended up being my speedier run of the week (37:08), 8 miles before work on Weds (1:18:57) and another 4 miles on Thurs (38:46). I'm pleased with all my times and the distances. I think I did something (3 miles?) on Monday in addition to BodyPump class but I can't find where I logged those miles. I know so far I have logged 17 miles this week. My husband asked me last night what my plan for Friday was and then said, "Are you taking a rest day tomorrow (Friday)?" Haha I looked at him like he had 7 heads and said, "I ran a half marathon PR on Saturday and have logged 17 miles this week with a double digit long run on Saturday. YES, I am most definitely taking a rest day Friday!" He knows I am crazy and addicted to the gym and I love his support. I also love that he reminds me how important rest is.

3. Speaking of long run Saturday.. I was kind of not looking forward to my long run tomorrow. I mean I had a plan but not a true plan. Plan being the distance. NO plan meaning my husband isn't training like I am so I knew he wasn't going to run with me due to my distance. My friend, Terri is out of town getting ready to kick some major tail at a 50 mile run this weekend (GO TERRI!!). And the group run is being done on a course I am unfamiliar with and a distance that I think (can't recall) shorter than what I am needing to fit in. Never fear though!! Another friend and I are meeting tomorrow to tackle our long run together. I am now very much looking forward to tackling my longest run ever with this newish running pal.

4. I have been trying very hard lately to be as positive as I can about this whole running thing. There was a time when my head was full of nothing but doubt when it came to running. I dreaded the long runs or would go into them automatically feeling defeated before even putting one foot in front of the other. I've decided to let that go and just tell myself before I even go that YES I CAN and I WILL. I look forward to each new run even if it does mean there will be bad in it some place.

5. This week food has been ok. I won't lie and say I have done great. I have not. A couple of fast food/eat out meals and a cupcake (or two) have been on my plan but I've logged it. I've had my fair share of fruits and veggies too though so it isn't a complete wash. I find myself much more hungry right now than I have been. What I need to focus on is making sure that what I do put in front of me are healthy choices that will fuel me. I know this. Now I need to focus more on putting that back into place.



Happy Friday, friends! Have a great weekend.

2 comments: