Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIAW and more



I was so busy last week that I forgot to write up my WIAW post. But I did take some pictures between then and now so I am posting a few of my favorite meals and snacks I have had over the course of the week.

[caption id="attachment_1060" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="raw veggies w/1 tbsp of lite ranch"][/caption]
Mmm snack time! I've been munching on a lot of raw veggies lately. Sometimes I get bored with the plain ol' veggies so I will add a tablespoon of lite ranch. Most of the time I don't even use the whole teablespoon but I always count it.

[caption id="attachment_1061" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="1/2 english muffin w/peanut butter"][/caption]
This is the "pre-run/workout" half breakfast I eat in the mornings I got to the gym at 5:30 or what I eat before my long runs on Saturday. I love this! It's easy on my stomach and tastes good plus keeps me full enough to make it through my workouts.

[caption id="attachment_1062" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cuties and boiled egg whites"][/caption]
This is another snack fave. Cuties clementines have been a staple in our house all winter long. Everyone loves them and most days I find myself eating at least 2-3 of those sweet things! And for added protein I have been having boiled egg whites (and almonds) for my midafter noon snacks. I love that both options are portable.

[caption id="attachment_1063" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Baked potato topped with shredded bbq pork and raw veggies"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1064" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Skinny Taste Chicken Parm w/angel hair pasta"][/caption]
These are two of our favorite dinners. We use Skinny Taste a lot when we are making our menu for the week. We love so many of the recipes on that site but the chicken parm is one that everyone in our family just absolutely LOVES! I'm always glad when there are left overs because it's one of those meals that is better the next day. The baked potato with barbeque pulled pork is another fave. We cook the pork in the crockpot all day then shred it and top our potatoes with it. I added a side of raw veggies to make sure I got my veggies in for the day. Perfect little pairings.

And now for some post run treats that I love...
[caption id="attachment_1065" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Clif Mojo White Chocolate Macadamia nut "][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1066" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Mmm TruMoo"][/caption]
I try not to munch on a ton of pure junk but those Clif Mojo bars are so good. They're almost (and that's a big almost) as great of a treat for me as a cupcake! haha I also LOVE love love TruMoo lowfat chocolate milk post run. I'm not a huge milk drinker but don't mind saving a few calories on a Saturday for a little bit of this fab treat.

I didn't post any of my lunches because I have mostly eaten the salad that I posted a while back. I love a big pile of leafy greens with grilled chicken, feta cheese, craisins and walnuts and a little drizzle of balsamic vinegarette dressing. I've kept the ingredients to make this in the fridge at my office and it's been my go to lunch almost every single day. My MFP friends are so use to seeing it in my diary that some of them have labeled it as "Kimert's salad." haha

And just because I am being honest about what I have been munching on I thought it was fair to post what we had as a Valentine's Day treat...
[caption id="attachment_1067" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Sweets from my Sweetie"][/caption]
My husband knows just how to make his way into my heart! Cupcakes. It takes quite a bit of running to burn off one of those sweet babies but it is ALWAYS worth it to me. always.

February isn't only the month of love but it's the month of birthday's for us. Yesterday we celebrated a very special 36th birthday...
[caption id="attachment_1068" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Happy Birthday to my husband!"][/caption]

And THAT is a huge bit of what I have been eating the last week. I think this long WIAW post makes up for my lack of participation last week. If you want to get in on the fun head on over to Peas and Crayons and link up!

3 comments: