Friday, March 16, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. I feel like I am still recovering from my 21 miler on Saturday. I took Sunday off to rest. Monday I went to my regular BodyPump class even though I considered skipping it. Then I did a fast 3 miles on the elliptical. Once I was finished I felt great and was glad I didn't take a second rest day. Tuesday I ran after I got home. I took a route I usually run from the house. It involves hills which probably wasn't the wisest choice following such a long run. It felt tough. It was hot out plus my legs still felt tight. I really pushed the pace and ended up with 3.25 miles (30:17). Wednesday day was a rest day, sort of (more on that later). Tonight I met my friend, Terri, for 4 miles. Again, it was super hot and I feel like my legs still don't want to push me to go very far. I had planned to do 5-6 miles but Terri asked if 4 was ok and I was really glad she wanted to go shorter. It meant I could push a little harder. BUT since it was warm out short was good and the push was tough. We ended right at 4 miles (39 mins flat). Overall I am pleased with this week especially coming off such a long run, which Terri reminded me I hadn't done before and my body isn't use to. She's so smart. I mean I KNOW I did what she said but sometimes hearing it from someone else and knowing how I feel helps to make it feel like it is more normal. lol

2. I didn't participate in WIAW this week. Slacker. Truth is that Wednesday I took a vacation day from work and headed to the mountains with my family. I woke up to homemade blueberry pancakes and blueberry syrup (homemade too!) with a side of bacon. Yummy yummy goodness! And then we stopped on the road for lunch, Subway! While Subway is healthier than most fast food choices we had an Italian and that my friends is about 570 calories of deliciousness that didn't exactly fall into the clean eating challenge of WIAW this month. And while I am at it, let me tell you about my snacks and dinner... Girl Scout cookies (I held myself to 2) and dinner was a big juicy burger (grilled by my husband) and a side of chips! But wait it doesn't stop there! We stopped for ice cream on the way  home.  I won't call it a horrible eating day since I was only within a few calories going over BUT it lacked veggies (except those on my sandwich) and fruit (the blueberries do count since they were fresh).  I started back fresh yesterday with a fantastic eating day and of course carried over today too. I had planned to take pictures on Weds to share even though it was a heavy eating day but the truth is I was too busy having fun with my family that I forgot!

3.  Let's talk boobs for 3 seconds. Guys, move along if you wish. When I started this whole weight loss/running thing 3 years ago I had some big ol' girls. 38DD (and probably could've gone a bit bigger in the band width if I had to guess. I'm sad to report that I've dropped to a 34C and probably could even drop the band width to a 32 in some bras. Where have my boobs gone???  I stood there last night holding my new bras in my hand thinking.. this thing is tiny and then whipped out an old one and was in denial that my boobs were ever that huge. Why I saved old "fat" bras and not pants or tops is beyond me. I sure would like to have my old pants/shirts for a comparison!

1 comment: