Saturday, March 24, 2012

10 years

March 23, 2002 I married my best friend. 10 years ago this is the couple we were...
[caption id="attachment_1178" align="aligncenter" width="182" caption="March 23, 2002
Our wedding day"][/caption]

Yesterday we spent the entire day together celebrating our 10 years of marriage. We started our morning at the gym. I took bootcamp and spent some time on the elliptical afterwards. He ran and did some weights. We then went to breakfast together and spent the rest of the day shopping and hanging out, enjoying each others company. We shared pizza for lunch. For dinner we went to a bar-b-que place neither of us had eaten at before. I have photographic proof of the yummy goodness we shared there.

[caption id="attachment_1179" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Mmm wings! No shame here! :) "][/caption]

Originally we had planned something a little more exciting to celebrate our 10 year anniversary but truth is, we both are very low key and just being together for the day was reason enough to celebrate. I was happy to have the day off together where we could just enjoy being ourselves. We aren't into fancy meals or spectacular getaways. Working out and sharing some good food together made us both happy. I probably wouldn't change a single thing about yesterday. We ended it with smiles.

[caption id="attachment_1180" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Happy 10 year anniversary!
I am looking forward to the next 60!"][/caption]

Oh and let me not forget...
[caption id="attachment_1181" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and Cinnamon bun! "][/caption]
You didn't think I'd celebrate my 10 year anniversary without a cupcake, did you!?

5 comments: