Saturday, March 31, 2012

Marathon Eve

As my husband headed out the door to run this morning I slept in. Of course even sleeping in still meant I would be awake at 7:30am and out of bed not even two minutes later. I enjoyed a few minutes of quiet and drank my coffee while the kids watched tv. Within an hour or so my husband was home and we were feasting on homemade waffles and bacon. Yummm! After breakfast we headed to the marathon expo to pick up my race packet.

We took the camera but didn't snap any pictures. Oh well. The process to get my bib, have the timing chip checked and then on to get my bag and shirt went fast and smooth! There were several vendors set up so we walked around a little while. I purchased a 26.2 magnet for my car from Lift Your Sole! I can't wait to finish my race and pop that baby on the back of my little car! I have a couple of necklaces from LYS and can't wait to add to my collection. I eyeballed a few new pieces at their expo booth today. Such fab stuff and sweet people!

The only other item I knew I would be buying today was a SpiBelt. I had been running my long runs with an Amphipod fuel belt but wanted something smaller since I was going to carry a little less and only one bottle. Scored a cute polka dot number that will match any race outfit.

After the expo we drove the last part of the course. I just wanted a general idea of the areas I would be running in tomorrow. Should be fun! Our little drive ended back at home where I had a hair appointment. Since he didn't take any pics at the expo I joked with him about taking pics at the salon. And so he did....
[caption id="attachment_1200" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Getting my hair did!"][/caption]
And of course I have to show you the after...


The evening was pretty uneventful once we arrived home. I got all of my race gear and my post race outfit ready/laid out.
[caption id="attachment_1202" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="representing Team Tough Chik!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1203" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My plan for the post race party!!"][/caption]

Dinner tonight was delicious! Mad props to my husband, the grill master, for the best grilled chicken I've had!
[caption id="attachment_1204" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Yum! chicken and baked potato to fill my marathon belly!"][/caption]

And then I sat the rest of the night! I'd love to say my day was super exciting but it was actually very relaxing. I'm tired. As far as how I am feeling tonight about tomorrow, I'm calm but excited. Many thanks to everyone who has supported, inspired, motivated and encouraged me!

4 comments: