Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Randoms

After Sunday's long run I decided to not take Monday off and go "easy" cross training. So, I decided I would take my regular Monday night BodyPump class. Since I arrived at the gym a little before class I hopped on the elliptical for about 10 minutes to get good and warmed up before class. Class was great as usual. They're in the process of mixing things up before the next release. The instructors went "old school" during last night's class and did some of the earlier releases. Love that! Today my biceps and triceps were still talking!

Today was suppose to be a low mile easy run. It's been beautiful outside so mid afternoon I text my husband and told him I wish I had packed my Garmin in my gym bag. "Want me to bring it to you?" Aww, yes please and a long sleeve tech tee. We made a running date for after work. I love that. We didn't talk about pace but I always say, "easy." Ha! After the first mile I told him we should slow down because I thought my shins were achy. Mile 1 was done in 9:32. Slow? I thought after that that we were slowing down then I looked at my Garmin thinking it must be broken because I saw it was in the 8s. Um, not slow. Here is what the last 3 miles looked like...

Mile 2- 8:56
Mile 3- 9:03
Mile 4- 8:52

Nice. I like knowing there's some speed in my legs/body! I wanted to party like a rock star in my gym's parking lot after this run but high fives with my husband was good enough for today!

Wednesdays have become my double workout days. I start the morning with my run and then end my evening with BodyFlow. I am really loving these days. It feels good to get on a great early morning calorie burn plus adding to my weekly mileage then ending the day burning calories while doing a relaxing workout.

I received a package in the mail today from Barnes and Noble. Yay for books. But when my husband got home and called to tell me about the package I could not for the life of me remember what book I had bought. I had a slight hint who it might be from and had him open the package. I was right. My best friend (since 7th grade!) is so very generous and thoughtful. She sent me a book for my birthday and I am very excited to read it and share my thoughts with you (and her, she got it on her Nook). It's called, "Because I can...Doing what I can, With What I have, Where I am." The back says in part, One woman's story of facing tremendous obstacles of pain, limitations and depression after injuries proved to be almost more than she could handle. Learning to walk again was only the beginning...She must now learn to live... Sounds very inspirational and motivating to me!

That's it for now. I have to finish packing my gym bag for in the morning. Good night!!!

3 comments: