Saturday, March 19, 2011

Twelve

I ran my first 12 miler today.

I won't lie and say it felt good. It didn't. It was tough for me from the beginning. My legs just felt tired. (TMI alert) It is either from the training this week OR because my little (pesky) monthly girl visitor is here and that just makes me feel week and worn down. So, I'm blaming that on the less than stellar run I had today.

I hate to compare runs so I won't this time. I will say that I had hoped that today's run would feel as good as last week's run. I also hoped that today's run would be speedier than my 11 miler last week. It wasn't in the cards for today and I am OK with that. I am reminded that these tough runs are good training runs and will help me build. And I know it's true.

My total mileage for the week is 27 which makes my highest mile running week so far. And actually it will be my highest mileage week before my half marathon. Next week I begin tapering and frankly I am looking forward to that!

I still need to get a total of 24 miles in the next 2 weeks to meet my monthly mileage goal but I think that is possible. I of course will not be terribly disappointed if I do not meet my mileage goal (which happens to be 93 for March) because it will still be up quite a bit from February's mileage.

And if this post comes across as the least bit negative, it isn't. I still very much LOVE running. Today was just a tough run that left me less than excited. Pumped that I ran 12 miles? Yes. I'm just not thrilled with my performance today. I am still very much excited about running my first half marathon.

6 comments: