Thursday, March 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I am so silly that I self nominated (because that is how this works not because I am *that* boastful) for the Future Prior Fat Girl - Mom Edition on  Prior Fat Girl's blog. However, I apparently cannot read because I didn't even notice that she was looking for a mom that is just beginning her weightloss/healthy-ness journey. Asd you may know if you have been reading here a while I am almost 2 years into my journey so I don't really qualify. I am also pretty darn close to MY goal even though it is still a bit shy of what those pesky charts will tell me should be my goal for height/age nonsense. So, I kindly replied back to PFGs email telling me she'd be in touch that I was sorry for jumping in and nominating myself! ha Why am I telling you all this? Because if YOU, yes YOU, are a mama and just begininng your journey I urge you to head on over and check out PFG's Furture Prior Fat Girl Mom edition post and nominate yourself. It would be a great honor to be part of the PFG family. Like I said, I would LOVE to be the next member of her crew but am pretty sure I won't make it into the first round based on my story/qualifications but I would LOVE for one you just starting out to have that chance.

2. I had to make a trip to the grocery store after my workout on Tuesday. I think I was getting gum for the hubby when I stumbled upon the granola bar isle. I found

These things are very tasty. Crispy and just the right amount of sweet (chocolate) to make my tastebuds think I am eating something I shouldn't be when the midafternoon craving hits and I wish I was eating a cupcake. Yes, these are processed and contain sugar BUT it is much better than driving down the street for a cupcake, right?! And they only have 80 calories/4 fat/11 carbs for one thin. So, I do believe one of these for the rare treat is better than the cupcake I could have gotten. Also, because my body craves protein I did eat that little booger with a boiled egg white. Had to throw that in there to further prove that I do choose REAL healthy snacks, too. haha

3. OMG y'all. There are only 18 days until my FIRST half marathon. Saturday will be my last real long run before the half. I am running my first 12 miler on Saturday. 12 miles!!! I was talking to one of the trainers at my gym Tuesday night because I had been questioning whether I should go for 12 this weekend or taper to 10 and then doing 8 next week. I feel confident that no matter what I am ready for 13.1 but want to further prevent injury. Since my training plan orginally called for 2 taper weeks I wasn't sure exactly what to do. I had forgotten about the informational half/full marathon class this guy was holding at my gym on Tues so lucky for me he was. He assured me that if I did 11 last week, pain free, I would be fine to do 12 this week and taper to 8 next week with shorter runs through the week next week as well as the week before race day. I will elaborate more on my training plan for the next 2 weeks in another post. I was just glad that I got my questions answered about the whole taper before a half thing. SO, here's to 12 on Saturday. Wooohooo!!

5 comments: