Thursday, March 24, 2011

TTT

1. I am taking an unscheduled rest day today. My training plan calls for 4 miles BUT I am tired. I didn't get enough sleep last night and my muscles are achy. SO, I think that is my body's way of telling me to just relax a bit. I do feel guilty about it especially after saying in yesterday's post that I feel weak but am going to work harder to be strong. While taking a rest day sounds weak it really does take strength to actually do it. You believe me, right!?

2. I am really starting to get kind of nervous about this half marathon. 10 days away..or is it 9 now?? Either way it is getting CLOSE! And my excitement from a week or so ago is turning into nervousness. I am beginning to really think I am crazy after all. Why am I doing this? CAN I do this? What will the weather be? Have I prepared myself enough? Tell me all of these thoughts are normal for a first timer. Deep down I know I can do this and I know it will be fun. I know that no matter how I cross the finish line I WILL cross the finish line. That is the goal. But then I start toying with the idea of a timed goal. Yeah, no, I shouldn't do that. Calm down, breathe, relax and just run.

3. I read this quote today...
All it takes is all you got.
I'm going to keep reminding myself that until I cross the finish line. And heck, even beyond the finish line. If I give all I've got to my running, my weight loss efforts and even beyond I will be successful and reach all of my goals. If I only give a little I am going to get a little. Give it my all and I know I have done my very best.

10 comments: