Tuesday, November 30, 2010

>Looking back and ahead

>I was just looking back on where I was this time last  year.
195.6 lbs was my exact weight. I had just ran a 5k in over 40 minutes.

Wow. What a difference a year can make!

This was roughly the same time last year.

I don't have any pics of me from the 8k race I ran Thanksgiving morning but here is a more recent pic of me.


I'm amazed at how much of a difference there is even though I am only 20-22 lbs lighter than this same time last year.

I can see the change not just in my face but other areas as well. That same black UA shirt I wore last year which I wasn't 100% comfy in at the time is now baggy and loose. Unfortunately that is because I have lost so much up top. BUT at the same time I can tell a huge difference in what the BodyPump classes have done for my chest and shoulders. I like looking in the mirror when I am doing chest exercises in Pump because I can see that I actually have nice shoulders! teehee

I was looking back to later in December of 09 and had set some goals for 2010.

1. to lose 30-35 more pounds
Actually lost 20-22. I can kick another 15 in 2011, right!?
2. to run a 5k race in 35-37 minutes
Current 5k PR is 33:06!

3. run an 8k race
Achieved this goal on Thanksgiving morning!

4. run a 10k race
Gotta move this one to 2011!

5. begin training for a half marathon
Sorta, kinda started this. I'm on week 2 of training and it's going ok.
My goal for the half marathon is to run one in April 2011. I think I can get there but it is going to be hard work.



At the end of December I am going to reevaluate my plan, my workouts and my goals. I will not be setting New Year's Resolutions but again, I will set goals for the new year. I realize they are one in the same but calling them goals (for me) makes them seem more attainable.
 
For now my focus in December is going to continue on the loosing track with weight loss but realize that part of my challenge at the gym is to maintain so if all I do is maintain through December it will be a success. I am still going for a loss even if it is a small one. I also plan to continue running and half marathon training. I would LOVE to get a few training sessions with my favorite trainer (Rachel!!) at my gym because I have heard she's good! But until then I will continue with my classes and other things as strength training.
 
So, what's your December plan? Are you already looking ahead to 2011?

3 comments: