Thursday, November 4, 2010

>Call me crazy, but..

>I like to say I am determined!

On Tuesdays my gym offers some great classes beginning at 5:00 p.m.
They have what is called Core Challenge. It is described as a 25 minute boot camp that challenges all the core muscles from shoulder girdle to hip and everything in between. A great lead into cycling, bodypump or to stand alone with your exisiting cardio workout.
BodyPump begins at 5:30 and if you have read here before you know that I LOVE me some BodyPump. You can read more about it here and even find a location near you that offers these classes! Check it out.
Following BodyPump is Zumba. I know you have heard of it. It's a funky cardio dance class that is designed for anyone! The first time I took the class I did it alone as my only workout for the day and believe it or not I broke a pretty darn good sweat.

This past Tuesday I woke up determined to make the day's workout count. And I did. I took all three of those classes (back to back!). I even increased my weights a bit in BodyPump. Here it is Thursday and I am still feeling it all over my body. And no I was not trying work off a gorge fest of Halloween candy. I am happy to say that I ate one snack size pack of Peanutbutter MMs while we were Trick or Treating. I think I burned those with all the walking that night, but just in case I was determined they got burned at the gym. haha

As part of a holiday "Maintain Don't Gain" challenge at my gym I had to commit to so many days of attendance at the gym. I committe to 4 days a week. They handed us a whole sheet of ideas to burn calories and also suggested a minimum of 150 minutes of exercise per week. Hello? I surpassed that suggested minimum this week already! Woohoo! So, my friends, I am determined to reach my goal of not gaining over the holidays. The challenge runs for 10 weeks. I am pretty sure I can make it to the gym a total of 40 times.

I'm not crazy (as a couple of friends have said!) but you better believe I am determined!!!

4 comments: