Sunday, November 28, 2010

>Post Thanksgiving plan

>So, here we are a few days after Thanksgiving and as if I wasn't feeling the bloat before indulging in turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie I sure am feeling it now! We had 2 Thanksgiving dinners within the weekend and I am more ready than ever to just get over the food coma. While I did indulge in the wonderful pumpkin cake my hubby made and a small slice of pecan pie today I really did not overdo it all weekend with my food choices. However, I haven't exercised (unless you call Black Friday shopping for several hours exercise) since the 8k Thanksgiving morning. I feel quite sluggish.

I plan to be 100% back on my healthy eating plan in the morning. Not that I won't be the rest of the day today but for the sake of making it official for blogging purposes, tomorrow is the magic day. I have already devised my workout schedule for the week.

Monday - run an "easy" 3 miles
Tuesday- Core Challenge class, BodyPump
Wednesday - 2 mile run or crosstrain
Thursday - BodyPump (and maybe Zumba)
Friday - off
Saturday - 30 min crosstrain, BodyPump (this will all be dependent upon what time we get home Fri night/Sat morning from the State playoff game)
Sunday - 4 mile run

I am trying to follow the half marathon training plan by Hal Higdon (novice plan). I have made some modifications to meet my specific needs and what will work into my schedule. Hopefully by April I will be able to run a half marathon. The training plan is a 12 week program but I can tell you from experience it is going to take me much longer than 12 weeks to reach a milage goal of 13.1. But I will get there.

This past week I only made it to the gym 3 days which is not the 4 I committed to for the Maintain Don't Gain challenge, but as long as I have 40 visits in before the 10 week period is up it still counts. I am going to try and find some way (or ask it there is a way) to make my 8k race from Thursday count towards this week. Sounds silly to worry about one day when I am already ahead of the game with my attendance but I want it to count!

My weigh in day at the gym this week will be Thursday and I will post an update on how that is going. I'm hoping to make it through December on the losing side. Can you even believe that we are creeping up on December??Wow!
Hope you all have a great week!!

2 comments: