Sunday, November 7, 2010

>If You Give a Mom Some Free Time

>You never know what she will want to get into.
The possibilities are endless.
~ shopping
 ~mani/pedi
~ a warm tub and a closed bathroom door
~ read a good book
~ a nap

And the list could go on and on.

Today after church my hubby went to a football meeting and the kids went with Mamaw and Papaw. What does that mean??? Free time for mom! Woohoo!
I was just going to grab something quick to eat and head to the gym (since I thought ahead and packed my bag!). But hubby felt bad about me "eating alone," so I called a friend and we had a great lunch. Then I drove home to put away my leftovers and change clothes. Minutes later I was back out the door and off to the gym. I had a nice little Sunday run.

5 miles in 50:56

I could have easily came home and napped or played on the computer a while. Heck, I should have been home doing laundry and dishes and preparing a grocery list for the week. But I must say it was nice being able to have a little time alone and I am proud to have used it to go for a run.

6 comments: