Thursday, November 18, 2010

>Maintain Don't Gain - WI #3

>This week marks the start of week 3 of the Maintain Don't Gain challenge at my gym. I skipped weigh in on Monday because it was a crazy morning but thankfully they offer Thursday as another weigh in day. So, I decided to go this morning. That allowed me to work a little harder at the gym and focus more on my eating a couple extra days this week. Not that I wasn't already doing that but it helped keep me focused on what the goal is.

Funny thing happened at my weigh in. I always change into a pair of Under Armour cotton shorts because I typically have on jeans and a belt. I am weird about weighing in clothes to heavy even if they give me a 2lb clothing allowance. So, I change. Anyway, he gets my name and age (which he input as 30 rather than 31 yrs..lol) and had me weigh. There are apparently a couple of different weight loss challenges going on at my gym because he said to me, "Oh you gained this week. Like 4 lbs." No way, not possible. I was down on my home scale and all I had this morning was coffee and I'd peed 2 times since then! lol I just knew he was wrong. I hopped off the scale and walked over to him to look. Haha. He had the wrong book. Whew. Turns out I was actually down 2lbs from last week for a total of 5 lbs down since the challenge started.

I am, of course, very pleased with the progress so far. If you remember me going to the dietitian you may recall that I was bummed she told me only to lose between 8 and 17 lbs over the next 6 months. So, 5lbs down in just a couple of weeks is exciting for me. The goal is to maintain over the holidays but I am determined to prove that I can lose!

7 comments: