Thursday, December 2, 2010

>Three Things Thursday

>1. I want to run a race in December. It's probably not going to happen because I can only think of two upcoming races near me that aren't too expensive and they are both 5k's. One is this coming Sunday but it isn't likely I will run that one because we will be gone Friday and possibly Saturday with football shenanigans. And this will likely be the first Sunday in 15 plus weeks that hubby will be home. Hopefully, he will be home. And I am sure that his idea of family time is not running a race in the freezing cold with his crazy wife. The other race is next weekend (I think) and it's for a good cause as well and cheap entry fee ($5) but the drawback is they are just handing out leftovers to everyone. Leftovers meaning tees and such from random races through the years. I don't particularly want to end up with a tee shirt from a race I didn't run. Again, it is for a good cause and basically a social event, but I can't commit to it. I don't even have a reason as to WHY I feel the itch to race in December other than I must be crazy.

2. I told myself I was going to get outside more and run this winter. So far that hasn't happened. But technically it's not even winter yet, just freezing cold out. I am blaming the time change. By the time I get off work at 5 and get the kids checked into the gym around 5:20 I barely have 20 minutes (if even that long) of daylight left to even run in. The trails near my gym are lit but dude it is scary out there all alone in the cold! I also find it hard to motivate myself to get out there in the cold and run. My hope is that since hubby's schedule is going to change a bit once football is over we can run some together (or maybe my new running buddies and I can meet for some Sat. runs...hinthinthintahem).  I know I will get out there, I just have to do it.

3. Thursday is my weigh in day at the gym. Last week I was up due mainly in part to my little monthly friend making a surprise appearance and another issue I was having. Fun times. My hope this week is to see at least the loss from what I was up. There is a prize tomorrow. All those people losing weight for the first 5 weeks of the challenge will get their name in the bucket to win a $50 Visa giftcard. I want that card so bad! LOL BUT I want a loss even more! The truth is though that I haven't worked as hard as I could have to lose, but come on did anyone really "diet" on Thanksgiving? Maybe but not me. I ate that piece of pecan pie and I did eat the mac n cheese. I didn't feel guilty either. Am I now wishing I had done a thing or two differently? Yes, but only because I REALLY really do want the scale to be down when I weigh in. Fingers crossed.

3 comments: