Wednesday, December 8, 2010

>-28 and counting

>I was looking back at where I was weight wise this same time last year. So far since Dec. 09 I am down about 28 lbs.
Tomorrow is my half way point weigh in at my gym for the Maintain Don't Gain challenge that is running for 10 weeks through the holidays. I have a goal weight in mind for tomorrow but anything lower than my weight at last week's weigh in is good enough for me. If I don't reach that goal tomorrow then I know I have a little more work to do to meet that goal before January rolls around.

In the running department this time last year I was doing good to finish a 5k in less than 38 minutes and that is with several walk breaks. This week I have ran 3 miles (and yes, I know that is .10 short of a 5k) twice in under 33 minutes with fewer walk breaks than any run to date. I will talk more about my runs this week later on. I've slacked in posting lately! haha

Anyway, I guess this is quite a boastful post but I suppose that is OK. I feel like it is good to take pride in one's self and your own accomplishments. I have a long way to go yet but I do like looking back at where I was and where I am now. I think it keeps me in check and nmotivates me to keep moving forward.

Thank you for following my journey and cheering me on!

4 comments: