Monday, April 23, 2012

Motivational Monday - 3 years

This month I hit the 3 year mark in my weight loss journey. The following picture is of me almost 3 years ago. It was actually June of 2009 after I had been dieting and exercising for a few months and had lost about 18 pounds.
[caption id="attachment_1306" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="2009 - me at around 220 lbs"][/caption]

This next picture is from this weekend. I haven't taken recent measurements to see how they compare to my measurements from 3 years ago. I do know that my current weight is around 154 pounds. I've lost around 85 lbs since April of 2009. I'm not at all focused on what I've lost anymore. Instead I focus on what I have gained...
[caption id="attachment_1307" align="aligncenter" width="203" caption="April 2012 - 154 lbs"][/caption]

I use this as my motivation to keep working hard. I've gained health, fitness and so much more due to my hard work and dedication to myself over the last few years. I have years of hard work ahead of me. If there is one thing I can say to you to use as motivation it is that if you truly want to lose weight and keep it off make it a lifestyle change. I cannot tell you how different my life was 3 years ago in comparison to what it is now. I am happier and healthier and cannot imagine a life any different than the one I am living today.

I am determined to continue my journey to my weight loss goal. I am determined to reach my fitness goals.

8 comments: