Thursday, April 5, 2012

After the finish line

As soon as I crossed the finish line on Sunday I saw my husband and son. That was great. I wanted to also see the rest of my family who came out to support me. We all met up outside and then headed over to the "after party." The only part of that I cared about was the assisted stretching area they had set up. I didn't go to food first or even anything to drink other than the water they handed to me (they even opened it!!) at the finish line. Instead all I wanted was a shiny mylar blanket and wait my turn to be stretched. I found a nice spot to lay down while I waited....


While I was waiting Terri brought me a chocolate milk. And I waited and waited some more. I finally got my turn and let me tell you ... it was worth the very long wait and my kids acting very silly! Once I was all nice and stretched appropriately we took a few pics of me with everyone since they weren't allowed down on the field.

[caption id="attachment_1227" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Me and the kids post race.
Don't you love their shirts and sign!? "][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1228" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="My mom and me"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1229" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My awesome husband and me post race!
I'm so thankful he was there all day. "][/caption]

I thought ahead and packed a bag with clean, dry clothes. Boy was I glad I did that. I headed off to the dressing room to clean up a bit. It was SO nice that they provided this for us after the race.
[caption id="attachment_1230" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Race tee - check
Finishers hat - check
Marathon medal - check"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1231" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Badass socks? double check!!!"][/caption]

I had told my husband the week before the race that I was going to eat tons of pizza and wings after my marathon. Somewhere along the way I changed my mind. Instead I had this....
[caption id="attachment_1232" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mmmm get in my belly!"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_1233" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I left there a happy girl!"][/caption]

If you have read here long enough you already know the good eats didn't stop there. You already know a cupcake was the first thing on my food list for the day. Next stop...GiGi's Cupcakes. There were so many choices! And the girl made mention of my shirt and medal, "Was that today!?" Yep! I just ran the marathon and it's time to celebrate!

[caption id="attachment_1234" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="chocolate chip cookie dough....get in my belly with that burger! "][/caption]

And that was the perfect ending to a fabulous day!
I still have more marathon to share but I'm pretty sure you guys are getting sick of reading about it. However, stay tuned for a post containing my favorite high lights, what I might do differently and what this week has been like for me!

3 comments: