Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13(th-ings) I love

Because I am not superstitious I didn't let the fact that today is Friday the 13th get me down. Nothing crazy happened to me either unless you count the fact that almost everything I touched when I was getting ready for work this morning ended up on the floor. haha So, I have no fabulous Friday the 13th running story to tell but thought I would share 13 running things I love with you. In no particular order...

1. Nike Tempo Shorts. I would live in these if I could get away with wearing them to work. I already use them as pj bottoms. I love me some universal clothing items. Nike Tempo shorts...not just for running. lol


2. Garmin 305. I try my best not to run outside without my trusty Garmin. I don't know how I ever ran before without it.


3. Sugoi Piston Knicker. I love love love my Sugoi Piston compression tights. I wear these year round. I can't say enough about them. Breathable and fantastic support.


4. BICbands. Unless it's winter and I need to cover my ears to keep them warm you can see me wearing a BICband on my head. I have so many I have lost count and now keep them in my dresser in the "running apparel" drawer. My favorites are the sparkle bands.


5. HoneyStinger. I love to fuel during my long runs with HoneyStinger chews and waffles. You know I fueled my way to 26.2 with some HS chews.


6. Team Tough Chik. Love these ladies and being part of the team. You too can be a part of Team Tough Chik!! Registration opens back up in May! TOUGH CHIK


7. Running books/magazines. My most faves are Runner's World (mag) and Run (or Train) Like a Mother (the book).

8. Running buddies. Every single one of them. Whether I am running with them, beside them, in front of them or behind them I love every single one of my running buddies for all their individual reasons but mostly for sharing my love of running.


9. Foam roller. We actually have a love/hate with each other. I hate having to use the darn thing after a long run because lets face it.. it hurts! But the feeling after coming off the foam roller is great.


10. Immodium. 'Nuff said. My running buddies will understand.


11. The bling. What's not to love about that!? Whether it was the best race or the worst crossing the finish line and having that bling put around your neck is awesome.


12. Oakley Commit sunglasses. I have the breast cancer awareness ones and love them. My husband bought these for me a few years ago and it is rare that I run outside without them. They stay in place even on the hottest summer day when I am sweating like a beast.


13. Cupcakes. What? Don't go tellin' me that cupcakes have nothing to do with running! If you know me then you know that cupcakes are almost always involved when it comes to long run days. They are ALWAYS a part of any race day celebration. And actually there isn't much I won't do for a cupcake. Running just happens to be my favorite thing to do for a cupcake.

1 comment: