Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Four

1. Social runs have become one of my favorite aspects of running. What's better than doing what you love with friends of like minds?? Hanging out post run enjoying a meal and each others company while talking races and upcoming running events. Social/group runs use to really intimidate me but then I met a great group of running buddies and it's now something I look forward to! They get what I'm doing and share my interests. I'm looking forward to a fun rest of the year with all my running buddies.

2. Are you curious at all about how my week has gone as far as running/working out? No?? say it isn't so!
Monday- My husband and I joined the group run. I went ahead of him with the front packers and Terri. We finished just a little over 3 miles in around 31 minutes.
Tuesday - I crossed trained with my husband. We did some elliptical work then he killed me with kettlebells. I'm still feeling those sumo deadlifts today!
Wednesday - Terri and I joined the WNRs for a social run and bag stuffing. Our goal was to go "slow" and stay around 10-10:30 pace but we failed at that. Almost 4 miles at 9:51 pace while dodging raindrops and lightning.
Thursday - an active rest day. I did some very light walking and bike work.
Friday - REST

3. I have a little race tomorrow morning and by little I mean just a 5k. It's a course I have ran on some training runs but a race I haven't ran before. I'm anxious as I have lofty goals for this race. At the finish line though all I want is a PR. I feel like I am ready to run with all my heart and hopefully speed in my legs.

4. I still haven't taken recent measurements but had some major victories off the scale this week. I took some pictures this week and actually uploaded them to my computer. I plan to share at least one soon, when I get measurements. And I was shopping yesterday when my husband encouraged me to try on a couple of things. One being a size M dress from the JRs department and the other some size 8 shorts. I've not been able to really shop in the regular JRs department of a store in over a decade and haven't worn single digit pants sizes since I was in middle school. This really boosted my spirits and was further proof that victory isn't always in the scale but in the sweat

2 comments: