Thursday, July 1, 2010

>New month, new goals!?

>I cannot believe how fast June flew by and that July is already here!
I feel like I should redo June since I didn't meet all of my June goals.To recap a bit here is the list of my June goals :
-gym 4 days a week
-more veggies/fruit
-stay on plan on weekends
-lose 5lbs



I met some. I didn't meet others. Simple as that.
I did not lose 5lbs. In fact, I gained 3 while on vacation and I am 2 away from being where I was the day we left for the beach. Sigh. Rather than dwell on the fact that I didn't reach certain goals I am going to move forward and set new goals for July.

So, here we go.
In July I would like to get to a solid 170 pounds. As of today that means losing 12 pounds by the end of the month. I'm not doing the math but I do think that is doable. BUT I will have to work hard to get there. And I plan to do just that.

I would like to up my running miles each week. As of right now I run about 10 miles a week. Not many!!! I'd like to get at least 15 miles a week. That should be doable but it may  mean instead of running 3 days a week I might have to add a 4th day OR just make my long run a little longer. I realize to some 15 running miles a week is not much but for me it would be a great goal. Currently I run 3 -4 on Mondays, intervals on Wednesdays (which usually equals 2 - 2.5 miles) and then about 4 on Fridays. So, basically I am under 10 miles which is probably laughable to most runners but I am getting there and hope to add many more miles.

Something else I have decided I want to do is to take my running outside more often. I typically run on the treadmill. Do you know how boring that can be?? I do it, but man oh man does it get old! I like it in that I can determine my exact minute/per mile pace and can keep up with my time well. But after having ran outdoors with a friend and of course races it makes me want to take my running outside a lot more often! I have avoided running outdoors lately because of how hot and humid it has been but yesterday I met a friend at the park and had an amazing 4.5 mile run. Granted it took me 50 minutes BUT it was just so great to be outdoors enjoying my surroundings and doing what I love to do for my body!

Now for the list:
* hit 170 - lose 10 lbs
* add more running miles each week (aiming for at least 15 miles)
* take more runs outdoors

What are your July goals?

8 comments: