Monday, June 28, 2010

>Back to reality.

>And facing reality.
I weighed in this morning realizing I gained 3 pounds while on vacation. I excpected a gain, as I had said before. AF arrived and I didn't exactly eat only healthy foods while on vacation. I had cake (it was my baby girl's 7th birthday!!!). I had a cookie or two. And there were calorie filled beverages.
I did however eat veggies and fruit and turkey burgers, turkey tacos and turkey spaghetti. I tried my hardest to drink my water like I normally do but there were days I failed at that.
I worked out twice on vacation running a total of 6 miles.

So, here I am on Monday with 2 days left in the month of June and I didn't and more than likely will not meet my June weight loss goal. Rather than gripe and complain over that fact I am going to let the past be the past and move forward with reaching my final weight loss goal. There is absolutely no use giving excuses about my eating or lack of working out on vacation. Instead, I will tell you what I plan to do to reach my goals over the next several months...

the goal
My goal is to lose another 20-30 pounds which would put me between 152-162 pounds. I hope to do this before February 28, 2011. My 32nd birthday. I have never really set a weight loss goal that I feel is obtainable but for the first time in my life I actually feel like I can reach my goal weight by the date I have set. I also don't feel like 20-30 pounds is going to be that hard. In the past I have looked at the big picture and gotten so overwhelmed with the numbers and a time frame that I think that is the reason I have given up.

Not this time. This time I feel something is different. I think part of it is that I have acually become more aware of the changes I have made in my overall lifestyle. I never thought I would be able to run let alone running races on a semi-regular basis, but that has become a big part of my life.  My ultimate goal is to run a half marathon and I would love to also do that before my 32nd birthday but I am not focusing so much on that goal right now as I am just focusing on becoming a stronger runner with each run.

the game plan
I will go about reaching my goals much the same as I have in the past. I will follow WW (on my own) and use any and all resources I have for healthy eating to reach my weight loss goal.
I will continue my current running plan of 3 days running (broken up in 3 different types of runs) and 2 days of cross training. I plan to kick up the stregnth training a bit after my race this coming weekend. I have many problem areas that I think I can work on if I will just make myself work a little harder in the gym.

the reward
I plan to reward myself. My first reward will be this fall. I hope to lose another 10 or so pounds before fall. If this happens I plan to reward myself with a couple of new outfits to start out the fall season in. :)

So that's it. Back to reality. Moving forward and reaching the goal....

9 comments: