Wednesday, June 16, 2010

>Some days I dread the gym.

>Today is SO one of those days.
I run 3 days a week and cross train 2. I do this because the guys that wrote "Run Less, Run Faster" told me to. Lol Not really, well they did say that, but that's not really why I do it. I do it for my health and well being and because it makes me feel good. BUT today (and at least one day a week) I dread going to the gym.

My runs are usually like this..
- 5k run
-interval run
-tempo and/or longer run

Cross training consists of the elliptical, bike or rowing machine (sometimes more than one).

Why do I dread today??
Interval day. Ugh. I have a love/hate relationship with intevals. I've said that before, huh.
I always dread them but am pleased with my progress after I get a good interval run in. I can tell in the short time that I have been running that they have helped me increase my speed. But they are hard. Andeven though I dread them and think they are hard I go and still do them. I will do the same today.

Is there something at the gym you dread doing?? If so, what is it? And how do you cope?

2 comments: