Monday, June 14, 2010

>It finally happened!

>We had a lovely weekend here in East TN.
Friday night was spent climbing rock walls and riding virtual roller coasters with the Girl Scout troop. I felt every bit of that rock climbing wall later that evening when I got home. All of us GS moms made a deal to put up all the cameras before any of us climbed the wall. No one wanted their butts on film! HAHA So, there are no photos which is fine with me because I wasn't exactly fearless. The first issue was the fact that I wore flip flops. I had no clue I'd be attempting to climb a rock wall. Anyway, about half way up I decided to look down and my flip flops suddenly filled with sweat. This was not good. Granted the top of the wall was only 3 stories high but looking down just made my heart race. With sweaty feet I just couldn't go any further and nevermind the fact that I was afraid of breaking a nail. HAHA I am pitiful, huh!? Oh well, it was lots of fun!! And next time I will be wearing tennis shoes and make it all the way to the top!!

Saturday the kids had another track meet but it was cut short (for us, by us) because it began raining and I just wasn't willing to listen to the kids whine about being wet for another hour or so. But they both did really well in the events they participated in! 

Sunday after church was spent in the pool! It was relaxing.

Food wise I did pretty well this weekend. Small meals and snack and very sensible eating. My week was much the same and it paid off on the scale! I finally am pleased with the number I saw!
178

This week I plan to work HARD to get at least another 1-2 pounds off (what I really would like is 3, but I'm not going to kill myself either way). I am going to be running and working out everday from now until Thursday and if time permits before we leave for vacation on Friday the hubby and I will hit the gym then too. Eating should go very well this week since we have made a menu and plan to stick to it! I am so excited that my body has decided to cooperate and get over that hurdle that has been so difficult for me to jump!

13 comments: