Monday, July 26, 2010

>Looking back

>But thank goodness I have moved on!

I was looking back at an album I have on my Facebook titled, "iRun." It's where I keep all of my racing/running pictures. Hubby and I were looking at it yesterday and it really made me realize just how far I have come. I know I have said that before but when you look at progress pictures (for me at least) it just makes you see things you aren't able to see on a daily basis. I guess I will feel like that for a while still since I have not reached my final goal, but it is nice to look back and see how much progress has been made between then and now.

This was me (2008) and the clock, yes that is the time it took to complete the first mile!
I don't know my weight here but it had to be upwards of 220+.
And the end. I look as though I could die. It was hard. 
48:32 is how long that took! 

Fast forward to 2009, the very same race.
I am pretty sure the only reason for my smile is because my kids were cheering me on.
And seriously I was SO out of shape still. Hubby and I were talking and both think I was still about 215 lbs in these pictures. These were such an eye opener for me last year! 
Finished 43:34 (I think).

And yet more fast fowarding (yes, you've seen these pictures).
Finish time 35:01
These are the pics from this year's race (Etowah River Run 5k). They scream success to me even if I did not make my goal time. I can see such a difference in my body (and the look on my face). I felt such a difference in my body this year as well. 

I like having the past pictures to not only show me where I was but where I plan to never be again. My hard work (which could be harder) is paying off. It also makes me want to work even harder to reach my goal. I know I will get there and hopefully next year I can post goal pics as well as an awesome PR for this race! :)

20 comments: