Friday, July 2, 2010

>Pre race jitters??

>Something is up with my crazy body and immune system.
I have come down with a cold or some kind of sinus junk. I am not going to the dr because I just don't do that over the sniffles. Let it run it's course is my kinda deal!  I feel icky and stuffy and sneezy, you name it.
I have a run scheduled for this evening and was going to keep it to just a slow 2 mile. Today we have an air quality alert day, fun stuff. My hubby has assured me I should be fine to run especially since I don't have any issues with breathing otherwise (except this cold). So, the plan is to still do that run!

Tomorrow's race is a night race beginning at 9pm. It's just a 5k. My goal is to PR (as always). So, I hope to come in under 33 minutes. It is a fast, flat course. I like that! Although, I like downhills too but I guess if there is a downhill it would mean first going up hill! Ha.

I'm getting to my title now...
This is the second or third race that I have come down with a cold just a few days prior to racing. What is up with that? Could that be my body's way of dealing with nerves!? And shouldn't I be over the nerves before a race thing by now? I mean at this point you would think I have ran enough 5k races to not get the pre race jitters at all, but I do.

Anyway, we plan to start our holiday weekend out running the Fireball Classic! Should be fun! I hope you all have safe and happy holiday.

2 comments: