Wednesday, March 3, 2010

>March Goals

>I'm following many great weight loss and running blogs that have inspired me in so many different ways. Most of the blogs I read the writer sets monthly goals. I have not really ever done that. I *think* of certain goals but never really write them down. I may start a project at times and never finish.

I've done that with this weight loss thing too. Started with a long term goal in mind and never really finished. I think that may be because I set such a big goal. For instance, I started this at 228 lbs and my ultimate goal is 145 lbs. Do you know how far off 145 seems?? Decades to me.

Well what some of my favorite blogs have taught me is that setting small, monthly goals might make it easier to reach that big long term goal. So, my plan from here on out is to set monthly goals and post them here. At the beginning of each month I will reflect on the list of goals I wanted to reach and let you all know if I met them. Sounds easy enough right!?!

My goals for March:
1. get below 190
2. 50 running miles
3. PR my 5k race
4. Try a new recipe
5. focus on more ab work
6. EA Sports Active workouts (everyday!!)
7. cut out diet soda completely

9 comments: