Wednesday, March 24, 2010

>4 days...

>is the amount of time I have until my first 5k of the year.
It's a new race for me and I have yet to find a course map. That drives me crazy. I like to see where I will be running and check out the elevation. Boo for not being able to do that ahead of time. Guess I will have to wait and let it be a surprise. Fun fun. Hopefully I am at least a little bit ready for it.  Of course I will post an update at some point.

My workouts this week have been pretty good.

Monday - ran 2.2 miles, biked 5.6 miles and cross trained (elliptical) for 3 miles. Total time: 62:33
My run was done in 20 minutes which was a 9:16 min/mile. Pretty good. I just wish I was that fast every time I run!

Tuesday- Wii EA Sports Active Trainer workout. I set the game to a (hard level) pre-set workout. It was a 35 minute total body workout. Tough (if you ask me!!). I felt I needed more since the game said I only burned 250 calories. Soooo, I set up another 20 minute boxing workout. Ouch.

So tonight I have no clue what I want to do as far as a workout goes. Part of me wants to run (far/long) sicnce I plan to take Thurs/Fri off, but how much is too much? I never usually stress over my pre-race day workouts and I know that I will just be running a 5k and not more miles than that. I realize 3.1 miles is an easy run for most runners, too. I stress over this race stuff though. It may be that I have a PR in mind and that's all I can think about at this point. I really don't know if I will reach it or that I really care that much since it is a race I have never ran before, so my expectations are set very high. Afterall crossing the finish line is a huge accomplishment as it is. :)

I'm contemplating running in a new Nike skirt I picked up this past weekend OR my regular running tights. I haven't ran at all in the skirt so I am not sure I want to test it out for the race. I think I will test it tonight to get at least a feel for running in a skirt!

Food wise--
I have done well this week with the exception of one crazy meal last night. It was my anniversary yesterday and since my hubby coaches high school track he was late getting home because of a track meet. We didn't have a celebratory dinner or anything fancy. Instead I did our usual Tuesday outting and took the kids to Chickfila. I had already told myself during the day that I would get a grilled chicken salad and be good to go. Well, well, well...
What do you know? I get there and start to order. I guess since my hubby wasn't there I felt the need to feel his presence anyway. I ordered his usual (minus the upsizing)...nuggets and fries. Crapomighty!!!
Those fries I swear are the reason I was up 1.2 lbs this morning (yes, daily weigher here) from my weight yesterday. Pooo.

So, today has been 100% on plan and I intend to keep it that way!  And since I have rambled about this that and everything boring today I will leave you with a tip..

Destination 26.2 is hosting an awesome giveaway!! Head on over there and check it out.













































































9 comments: