Thursday, January 21, 2010

>Would you still do it?

>I had planned out my race schedule for 2010.
In that included the first race coming up on March 13th. I *thought* it was a 5k but got the registration form today and it is just a one mile. Duh, it is called the Thin Mint Sprint, which now makes perfect sense! But would you sign up (read - pay $16) jsut to run a mile and get a t-shirt?

I have another 5k race planned on the 27th of March out of town in my home state and will be joined by my hubby and some childhood friends for it. So, I am really looking forward to that race! Plus hubby said we could go eat at The Marietta Diner afterwards (or later that day) and let me tell you, it is delish! It was even featured on Food Networks Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives.. so you know it has to be good! ;)

Anyway, back to my question...
Would you bother with the 1 mile race or just take that day off?
My half marathon training for that day is scheduled to be a 50 minute cross training workout, if that matters.


And I have one suggestion on changing the name/title of my blog, Thank you!! Keep the ideas coming. :)

20 comments: